"Paint What You Love"

"Paint What You Love"
"Paint What You Love", by R.J. Ball, Pastel on velour

Oct 9, 2017

I Listened Again


"Chillin' Out", Pastel, 8"x8"


Previously On May 7, 2017, I posted a blog on "It Pays to Follow That Inner Spirit".  Well, it happened again!  Just about three weeks ago I made plans to enter "The Three Alpacateers" in an upcoming show at New Braunfels Art League Gallery.  Two days before submission day, I was looking at the paintings I had hanging in my art show room, when "Chillin' Out" caught my eye.  The theme of the show is "Artoberfest"(i.e. Octoberfest).  Yes, I felt, I should enter this, also--the praying mantis is sitting on a beer bottle.

Great News!!  Not only did it receive an Honorable Mention, it was also purchased as the show started.  Needless to say--I did a happy dance!!  The "Artoberfest" will be showing Oct. 5 - Nov. 13, 2017, at the New Braunfels Art League Gallery, New Braunfels, Texas.  

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment