"Paint What You Love"

"Paint What You Love"
"Paint What You Love", by R.J. Ball, Pastel on velour

Aug 27, 2017

"The Three Alpacateers"


Pastel, 8" x 10", on gray pastelboard

AKA Lucy, Tina and Al Pacasso :)

A customer acquaintance took the referance photo on her phone while at an alpaca ranch in the midwest.  I loved it the minute I saw it and asked her if I could paint it.  She kindly sent it to me and I sooo loved painting it.  Thank you Connie!

I decided to have some fun with it, so I asked my sister and niece to each name one of the alpacas.  Yes, I do get involved with my art work!

Below is some of my work in progress.

Enjoy, and thanks for reading!!

Transferred my drawing over to the pasteboard and started establishing the darks and midtowns.

Chopping at the bit to get started on an alpaca.  Decided to do Al first so the coloring wouldn't contaminate the other two since they will be white.

Started on Tina.

Now for Lucy

Trying to work on right color for background.  In real life, the color is a little more greenish turquoise.

Finished!!

No comments:

Post a Comment