"Paint What You Love"

"Paint What You Love"
"Paint What You Love", by R.J. Ball, Pastel on velour

Sep 15, 2011

WELCOME--Artists and Friends

This is my very first internet reality.  Long ago I attempted to learn how to do a website and it never happened.  We have come a long way in "user friendly"!!  I am so excited, so let's get going.  My idea in starting, is to catch you up on where I have come from (pertaining to art), where I am now, and where I hope to go.  I will post photos of my paintings, and tell a little bit about them.  You will definitely be able to see how I knew nothing when I started out, and hopefully what I have been learning along the way, with a lot of learning to go.  A lot of the time I still think of myself as a beginner, but that is because I can see how much I don't know.  I work mostly in pastel.  I keep coming back to it when I venture off to try a different medium.  Occasionally, I like to do a drawing, trying to develop my toning skills.  One can never draw too much!  Please feel free to post comments and/or questions.  I am hoping, as I get into this blogging, that we can all learn from each other.  My next blog will be the very first pastel I did, the week I bought my first set of pastels while visiting relatives in Maryland.    

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rita, congratulations on this great blog, your painting is so special. I love this little guy, he really tugs at my heart strings, beautiful work too. Best wishes and I look forward to your next posting.
    Renate Dabney

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite painting is still the first one you painted. Every time i see a butterfly on the thistle i think of you. I'm so glad you sent me the link for your blog. Sheena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita,
    this blog is a great idea. You do such beautiful portraits of animals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you, Renate, Sheena, and New Braunfels Photographic Society!! I meant to comment sooner, but still getting the gest of all of this. I appreciate your encouragement and support--a bunch!!

    ReplyDelete