"Paint What You Love"

"Paint What You Love"
"Paint What You Love", by R.J. Ball, Pastel on velour

Oct 6, 2014

"Lunch in the Garden", WIP #4


I decided to do background from top to bottom.  I can keep track of my color trail and put the flowers in where I want them.  The flowers are named "Gregg's BlueMist" and have been told they are like a "high" for the butterflies.  They can, also, have a blue violet cast to them.  The day I took the referance photos, the garden was full of butterflies and they were all over the flowers.

I have decided to plant a butterfly garden in the spring and will be sure to include the BlueMist.  Have also read, they like zinnias and dill.  Just think of all the referance photos I can take!


To Be Continued...

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic so far! I love the movement and gentle excitement of this piece. Your artwork is always a delight!

    ReplyDelete