"Paint What You Love"

"Paint What You Love"
"Paint What You Love", by R.J. Ball, Pastel on velour

Oct 24, 2014

"Better Than Diamonds"

"Better than Diamonds"     
Fancy and I

Back in the earlier part of this year, I received an email with a pic/saying on it that said "Who ever said that diamonds are a girl's best friend....never owned a dog" (no author name). It was a pic of a little girl with her dog. I loved it, but wanted to personalize it. 

Well, around the first part of Oct., Jon, Fancy, and I were visiting Jon's long time friend, Skeet, who is now living with his daughter, husband, and a lot of animals, on a ranch near Wallis, Tx..  I saw a scene that was perfect for what I had in mind. I set it up, and Linda took the photos. Found my favorite and cropped it. Viola!!  I love it. It is now hanging in my studio--and I feel a painting coming on!!

p.s.  I also took a lot of good reference photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment