"Paint What You Love"

"Paint What You Love"
"Paint What You Love", by R.J. Ball, Pastel on velour

Apr 2, 2014

"Beaver Pond"


"Beaver Pond", Charcoal, 8" x 10"

 Many artists I have read about and talked to, say "keep your old or never finished artwork.  Not only is it good to go back and see how you have improved, but you can redo them and improve them.  Such is the case with "Beaver Pond".  When I came upon it in my stack of "unwanteds" I saw why I wasn't pleased with it at the time.  So many of my values were wrong, and I needed to recrop for a better composition.  Now I know I still need improvement, especially since I am not a "landscape" artist (at least now right now), but I like it a lot better.  The referance photo is courtesy of James R. Rodgers, my brother, who took it while on a trip to Colorado.  Thanks, Jim!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment