"Paint What You Love"

"Paint What You Love"
"Paint What You Love", by R.J. Ball, Pastel on velour

Aug 10, 2013

"Scruppy"

"Scruppy" is a commissioned pet portrait I have recently finished.  A customer that I had sold my ceramic molds, kilns, to, commissioned me to do him for a friend in Florida.  He was a challenge, as I did not have good referance photos.  They were too small and too far away.  Also, a couple of them were when he was younger, and some when he is now older.  Plus, the coloring of him was hard to determine.  Lesson learned!!  Do not accept a commission until you see the referance photos first, or are able to take your own.  However, I will tell you that I am stubborn enough, I took on the challenge.  To end the story, I had my customer send her friend a photo of the painting, to see if it looked anything like Scruppy.  She received word that it looked like a younger version.  So, "Scruppy" is now in the hands of his master.  It was a good experience!!


"Scruppy", Pastel, 8" x 6"

No comments:

Post a Comment