"Paint What You Love"

"Paint What You Love"
"Paint What You Love", by R.J. Ball, Pastel on velour

Sep 1, 2018

"My Toy"


"My Toy", Pastel on velour, 16"x12"(20"x16" framed)




I had been wanting to paint this ever since I took the photo back in 2009.  This is Fancy, my loving border collie of 15-1/2 years.  We had to say goodbye to her in Nov., 2017.  Now, it is my tribute to her.  She loved her frisbee.  She would play catch until she wore us out!

I finished the painting just in time to enter it in the current special show at New Braunfels Art League Gallery, "All Creatures Great or Small".  I am also happy to share that I have received a 2nd. Place award in the Drawing Media category!!  It is a beautiful show of animals and creatures God has given us, so if you are in the area, I highly recommend you check it out.  It runs from Aug. 30th. until Sept. 29th..

Here are some "work in progress" pics.

Enjoy, and thank you for reading this.

On light grey velour paper.  Starting to block in darks.



Starting on background.




Framed.


No comments:

Post a Comment