"Paint What You Love"

"Paint What You Love"
"Paint What You Love", by R.J. Ball, Pastel on velour

Apr 2, 2017

Enjoying Texas Sunset

I keep my camera close to our back door and just happened to catch this hummingbird sitting on our dinner ringer.  He(or she) was facing the wrong direction, so, I just flipped the profile.

Meanwhile, I had also been trying to come up with what I wanted to paint next.  When I was browsing through my photos on the pc, this one caught my eye.  Since it was a relatively simple composition, I felt it would be a fast one, get me back in the grove, and I wanted to practice my sunsets.  The sun actually rises from this direction of my deck, but, who's to know?  I could probably, also, title it Enjoying Texas Sunrise.

I will be including this painting in my Runaway Art collection which is currently on display at Grahamstock Glass & Gallery, in Wimberley, Texas.

Enjoy!!  And thanks for reading!!

"Enjoying Texas Sunset", Pastel, 8"x8"


No comments:

Post a Comment