"Paint What You Love"

"Paint What You Love"
"Paint What You Love", by R.J. Ball, Pastel on velour

Jul 23, 2016

Expand Your Horizons, part 2

Besides entering shows, outside of my comfort zone, I wanted to expand the places where I can display my art, for a longer length of time a show runs for.  I have quiet frequently heard from other artists that people cannot see your work nor have the opportunity to purchase it--if it is stored at your home.  It finally sunk in.

The Canyon Lake Art Guild has a Community Display Coordinator that has found us some great places for our members to show their work.  Some take a commission(retail stores) and some do not(usually the non-profit organizations--like libraries).  My first one was at the Tye Preston Memorial Library, in Sattler, Texas.  I will be hanging there, again, from Oct. thru Dec., 2016.  I have sold one painting and received a commission to do, from hanging there, plus a print sold that is hanging in their reception area.

A new venue for me is the Canyon Animal Hospital in Canyon City, Texas.  A great spot for my animal portraits.  I have both originals and framed prints available, and have had to replace my business cards several times, which tells me the viewers are interested.







No comments:

Post a Comment