"Paint What You Love"

"Paint What You Love"
"Paint What You Love", by R.J. Ball, Pastel on velour

Jan 8, 2013

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and "Think Big"

I have been wanting to post to my blog ever since before Thanksgiving.  However, the holidays and family matters had higher priorities.  On Jan. 1st., I did start the New Year off in my studio--thinking that might be a good omen.  Doing so did get me off to a good start.

I finished "Think Big", the third painting to add to my series "Paint What You Love".  The photo referance and the dog, belongs to my hairdresser.  The minute I saw it, the title came to me, and I obtained permission from her to use it in my paintings.  The dog's name is Honey, a yellow lab.  I am including it in my series because the title covers a lot of territory in the artist's life.  When I first started painting, I would do small sizes(8"x10" or smaller).  I kept hearing "do larger paintings--it will loosen you up".  So I did, and it did help.  "Think Big" can also mean make bigger goals and dreams--don't limit yourself--shoot for the stars!  Dream of that Best of Show or 1st. Place ribbon.  Envision people wanting to hang your paintings in their homes or businesses.  Keep learning--we don't know it all, yet(and never will).

Just to refresh your memory, I will include my other two paintings, to show as a series.

 "Think Big", Pastel, 20" x 16"

"Paint What You Love", Pastel, 16" x 20"

"Have Fun", Pastel, 20" x 16"

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful series of puppy paintings. You have a uniqueness to your art that I enjoy. I think it's because of the way you portray the dogs as though they were people themselves, with things to do every day, but with gentle, childish naivety... Has your hairdresser seen this one?

    ReplyDelete