"Paint What You Love"

"Paint What You Love"
"Paint What You Love", by R.J. Ball, Pastel on velour

Feb 9, 2012

A Resource for Learning


The internet gives us such a great connection to the world outside of our "little world".  The information and resources are truly awesome and unlimited.  I thought encyclopedias were great---way back when!  One link I checked out on the Lesley Harrison site, was that of Vivien Walters(and am including her site in my "links").  Not only do I love her work, but she also does pastels on velour.  So, I contacted Vivien, via e-mail, and signed up for one of her E-Workshops.  It was exciting to be doing it from someone in the U.K., plus I didn't have to pack up my pastels and travel.  At the time, I liked her format for teaching, because the drawing was already done on the velour paper, freeing me to get to the basics.  I wanted to learn how she applied the color(pastels), and in what order.  The workshop was well worth it.  Vivien was always there to give me feedback and help.  I would love to take a workshop from her, in person.  So, here is my wolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment